Wednesday, January 03, 2007

in came four Rabbits as black as ink, carrying a small black coffin on their shoulders.


This is a guy I made up sometime in my freshman year of college, and he's one of the big reasons I started drawing noses. I feel like I've talked about this before, but for the longest time I just sort of ignored the nose altogether. I still do sometimes, but it's there, even if I don't draw it... Anyway, it's hard to see in the above picture because of the dark background, but he has these horns sort of like rabbit ears coming out of his head. I got the idea from the Pinocchio book by Carlo Collodi. In the book, there's a part where Pinocchio is about to die or something, and these black rabbits come in to carry him away. I thought it was really neat, and I thought it would be interesting if the Angel of Death or the Grim Reaper was less like an angel, and more like a rabbit. So anyways, I feel like he goes all over the place in a transdimensional car and collects lost souls.
Below is one of my only ever attempts at a sequential narrative, because I wanted to see if I could even handle it for more than three panels. I'd be a liar if I saw I wasn't influenced by Enrico Casarosa's (sadly defunct) 5-7-5 comic. Also, it was definitely drawn with a Mirado Black Warrior pencils, which are my absolute favorite, especially when they're still fresh. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about them before, but they're my doodling pencil of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home